Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Dad: Rev. Legree Banks

My dad's name is Legree Banks.   He was 6'6 in statue.  He was a very serious man, a hard worker and provided well for our family. He was married to my mom for over 40 years.  My dad loved to collect things, study the Bible and help others.  My dad died 13 years ago from a number of health issues.  As I reflected upon my dad's life, I stumbled upon a startling revelation.   My dad died from regret. Regret is defined to mourn the loss or death of something.  My dad mourned the loss the death of his dreams.  My dad had a lot of dreams; to own property, Pastor a church and start an orphanage. Due to being plagued with fear, he took these dreams with him to the grave. My dad retired from a job he worked on for 30 years . A job just to pay the bills, but no fulfillment in it.  After he retired, his language began to change.  He began to say phases: "I shouldn've, I could've, I would've". After some time, these phrases faded and my dad became silent.  He would stare off and not utter a word for hours.  Soon after that, various types of sickness began to set in. With the complications of the sickness, my dad died Feb. 12, 2001.  In my reflective mode, I saw a pattern that I could traced back to regret. He said things that he regreted he didn't do.  Then he became silent.  Silence lead to sickness and sickness lead to his death.   My honor my father and all that he went through.  He has taught me a tremendous lesson.... To LIVE LIFE WITH NO REGRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment